TRANSOCEAN UPGRADES DEEPWATER ATLAS INTO 20,000 PSI ULTRA-DEEPWATER DRILLING
Jeremy Thigpen, Transocean CEO said that the company has secured a contract, subject to a final investment decision by its customers, that will result in upgrading Deepwater Atlas into the industry’s second 20,000 PSI ultra-deepwater drillship. This contract is meaningful as it moves us closer towards securing backlog for our remaining newbuild drillship, and clearly demonstrates our customer’s confidence in Transocean as the undisputed leader in ultra-deepwater drilling.”
U.S. oil explorer LLOG has chartered a Transocean drilling rig for the drilling of wells at the Shenandoah project in the Gulf of Mexico.
According to the Norwegian broker Bassoe Offshore, the campaign is expected to last for around 17 months and Transocean will deploy one of its new 20K BOP drillships for the work.
LLOG operates the Shenandoah discovery, located in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, around 200 miles south of New Orleans.
The 3,000,000 lbs hookload Jurong Espadon drillship is currently under construction at Sembcorp Marine Jurong Shipyard in Singapore. The unit is expected to be delivered by the end of Q2 2020. Bassoe has estimated the day rate for a 20K BOP rig to be around $480,000.
(Source: Transocean/Bassoe Offshore)
- SCHLUMBERGER NORTH AMERICA REVENUE DOWN 59% YEAR-ON-YEAR 19th October 2020
- JACQUES SAADE FIRST LNG-POWERED 23,000 TEU CONTAINER SHIP JOINS CMA CGM FLEET 23rd September 2020
- EXXONMOBIL REPORTS 18th DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA 09th September 2020
- VLCC TANKER NEW DIAMOND ABLAZE OFF SRI LANKA 07th September 2020
- SCHLUMBERGER SELLS ITS NORTH AMERICAN FRACTURING BUSINESS TO LIBERTY 02nd September 2020