TWO ARCTIC TANKERS ON THE NORTHERN SEA ROUTE PASSAGE
Novatek announced that two Arc7 ice-class LNG tankers Vladimir Rusanov and Eduard Tol are completing the Northern Sea Route passage via the Eastern direction. The Vladimir Rusanov passed the Northern Sea Route and arrived at the Bering Strait, while the Eduard Toll entered open water in the Chukchi Sea. Both tankers were dispatched from the port of Sabetta loaded with cargos of LNG produced by the Company’s Yamal LNG project and are now heading towards the Chinese port of Jiangsu Rudong. The ice-covered part of the route was passed in only 9 days with no ice-breaking support, thus confirming the outstanding ice-breaking capabilities of the Arc7 ice-class vessels.
Novatek’s Chairman of Management Board Leonid Mikhelson noted: “We are happy that the Arc7 ice-class tankers with LNG produced by our Yamal LNG project opened this year’s summer navigational period on the Northern Sea Route. These shipments were the first voyages with Russian LNG via the Northern Sea Route without escort of an icebreaker. Moreover, they mark the start of regular LNG shipments via the Northern Sea Route, which was only made possible due to the unique characteristics of ice-class LNG carriers developed for Novatekto serve the Arctic projects”. (Source: Novatek – Image: Eduard Toll Arctic tanker on the Northern Sea Route)
- QATARENERGY TO INCREASE AL-SHAHEEN OIL PRODUCTION BY 100,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd February 2024
- MAJOR PIPELAY ACCIDENT OFF THE COAST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA 01st February 2024
- LATIN AMERICA AND AFRICA WILL LEAD THE WAY IN HIGH-IMPACT EXPLORATION DRILLING 01st February 2024
- SLB AND EQUINOR DRILL LONGEST WELL SECTION IN AUTONOMOUS MODE 31st January 2024
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN NIGERIA 18th January 2024