ULSTEIN DELIVERS FIRST TWO PLATFORM SUPPLY VESSELKS TO COSL
8 May 2020 saw the delivery of the first two platform supply vessels of the ULSTEIN PX121 design built at SWS, China, the Guo Hai Min Xing and the Guo Hai Min Sheng. They are operating for COSL – China Oilfield Services Limited, for whom they have a long-term charter.
Two more vessels of the same design at SWS (Shanghai Waigaoqiao Shipbuilding Co., Ltd.), have completed their sea trial and will also be delivered to COSL shortly, according to schedule. Owner of all four vessels is Sinoocean.
The ULSTEIN PX121 is a flexible platform supply vessel design featuring the X-BOW hull line design for smoother motions in head seas. In total, 30 vessels of this design have so far been contracted. A platform supply vessel of this design has a competitive combination of fuel-efficiency and cargo capacities/deadweight. This translates to a performance level that is usually expected from larger PSVs, but at a medium-sized PSV cost – delivering excellent value-for-money for the owner and operator.
Ulstein Group is a family-owned company comprising several marine enterprises within ship design & solutions, shipbuilding, global sales and shipping. The company was founded in 1917, and is headquartered in Ulsteinvik, Norway.
(Source and image: Ulstein)
- NOBLE CORPORATION FILES FOR CHAPTER 11 TO HANDLE 43.4 BILLION OF DEBT 04th August 2020
- VALARIS SELLS SIX DRILLING UNITS – FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY IS IMMINENT 03rd August 2020
- APACHE MAKES MAJOR OIL DISCOVERY AT KWASKWASI-1 OFFSHORE SURINAME 30th July 2020
- SCHLUMBERGER – THE MOST CHALLENGING QUARTER IN PAST DECADES 27th July 2020
- BAKER HUGHES REVENUE DOWN 21% YEAR-ON-YEAR 23rd July 2020
- CHEVRON TO ACQUIRE NOBLE ENERGY FOR $5 BILLION 21st July 2020
- HEEREMA’S SLEIPNIR BREAKS SINGLE LIFT RECORD AT JOTUN FIELD 20th July 2020
- CHINA TO BUILD 6 TO 8 NUCLEAR REACTORS ANNUALLY BETWEEN 2020 AND 2025 09th July 2020