ULSTEIN TO BUILD LARGE DP3 CABLE LAING VESSEL FOR NEXANS
On 19 September 2023, Nexans Marine Operations AS and Ulstein Verft entered into a contract on the construction of a large DP3 cable laying vessel.
The new vessel is based on the Nexans Aurora design, as developed by Skipsteknisk, which is now playing an important role in Nexans’ turn-key supply of advanced subsea high voltage systems to support the electrification of the world, including providing vital connections between countries and regions, offshore renewable solutions as well as electrification solutions for other offshore installations.
The vessel is specially designed to carry out the transport and laying of various types of subsea cables, including cable bundles as well as recovery and repair. It can perform effectively even in challenging weather conditions and boasts exceptional manoeuvrability and station-keeping capabilities. Ulstein Verft is responsible for the vessel’s construction and the preparation of its topside equipment.
This cutting-edge cable laying vessel features a split turntable on deck capable of holding up to 10,000t of cable, an under-deck turntable with a 3,500t cable capacity, and a fibre optic basket holding 450t. The vessel measures 31 metres in width, 149.9 metres in length, and is accommodated for a crew of 90.
Norway-headquartered Ulstein Group is a family-owned company established in 1917, and specialises in ship design, shipbuilding, systems and services for the maritime market.
(Source and image: Ulstein)
- WOODSIDE AND SANTOS IN TALKS TO FORM AUSTRALIAN GAS GIANT 08th December 2023
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023