UDW SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE ENSCO 7500 SOLD FOR SCRAP
Ensco advised that three of its rigs are sold for scrap, one of them is the ultra-deepwater semi-submersible Ensco 7500 built in 2000. The two other rigs are the aging jackups ENSCO 81 AND ENSCO 82.
The Ensco 7500, capable to drill in 8,000 ft of water was delivered in 2000 at TDI-Halter shipyard in Orange, Tex.
The semi-submersible has operated in the major offshore markets of Australia and the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. Following upgrades to the rig at a shipyard in Singapore in 2011, ENSCO 7500 commenced operations offshore Brazil, on a multi-year contract with Petrobras.
ENSCO 81 and ENSCO 82 were two LeTourneau 116-c jackups, built by LeTourneau at Clydebank Shipyard, UK and Vicksburg, Mississippi respectively. Both drilling rigs were delivererd in 1979. (Source: Ensco)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023