US GULF OF MEXICO OIL PRODUCTION READY FOR NEW RECORDS
According to the analysts of Rystad Energy, the US Gulf of Mexico oil production is poised to set new records in the imminent future.
In 2013, GoM oil production was a mere 1.28 million bpd, whereas in 2018 production averaged a record high of 1.79 million bpd. Rystad Energy forecasts that 2019 production will average 1.95 million bpd, with some months potentially touching the 2 million bpd ceiling.
The Appomattox platform, Shell’s largest floating production system (FPS) in the Gulf of Mexico, will host the adjacent Appomattox and Vicksburg hydrocarbon accumulations. Rystad Energy forecasts that plateau production at the Appomattox development will be around 140,000 boe per day.
“The torch has been carried by large deepwater fields, of which Appomattox is the latest contribution,” Rystad analyst Milling Gregersen added.
Rystad Energy, headquartered in Oslo, is an independent energy research and business intelligence company providing data, tools, analytics and consultancy services to the global energy industry.
Rystad’s analysis and predictions are powered by the upstream solution UCube, a comprehensive solution, consisting of complete and integrated field-by-field database, analysis tools and independent insights for the global upstream oil and gas market. UCube includes more than 65,000 oil and gas fields and licenses, portfolios of 3,200 E&P companies, and covers the time span from 1900 to 2100. UCube covers oil and gas production, reserves and economics, which can be further split into details such as hydrocarbons, field life cycle, geography, water depth, field type, unconventional, owners and operators.
(Source: Rystad Energy – Image: Thunder Horse platform in the Gulf of Mexico/BP)
- LM WIND POWER SHOWS OFF WORLD’S LONGEST WIND TURBINE BLADE 24th June 2019
- PIONEERING SPIRITS LIFTS 25,000 TON BRENT BRAVO TOPSIDES 20th June 2019
- TWO OIL TANKERS DAMAGED IN SUSPECTED ATTACK IN THE GULF OF OMAN 14th June 2019
- WESTERN AUSTRALIA – SHELL SHIPS FIRST CARGO FROM PRELUDE FLNG 11th June 2019
- TOTAL STARTS UP PRODUCTION AT CULZEAN FIELD IN UK NORTH SEA 11th June 2019
- FLOATEL AND PROSAFE TO CREATE OFFSHORE PROSAFE SE ACCOMMODATION GIANT 05th June 2019