VALARIS DPS-1 SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE AWARDED 16-WELL CONTRACT WITH WOODSIDE
Valaris Limited announced that it has been awarded a 16-well contract with Woodside offshore Australia for semisubmersible, VALARIS DPS-1. The contract is expected to commence late in the first quarter or early in the second quarter of 2022 with an estimated duration of 300 days.
Valaris DPS-1 is a Friede & Goldman ultra-deepwater semi-submersible built at Jurong Shipyard in Singapore by Sembcorp Marine. The drilling unit was delivered in 2012.
Valaris DPS-1 is the ex. Atwood Condor. According to the Infield database the unit is currently ready stacked in Malaysia.
(Source: Valaris – Image: Atwood Condor in Barbados/Roy Farrar)
- AKER BP – 35 YEARS OLD ULA FIELD WILL PRODUCE OIL FOR AT LEAST 10 MORE YEARS 12th October 2021
- GIANT LIANGHEKOU HYDROPOWER PLANT BEGINS OPERATIONS IN SICHUAN PROVINCE 10th October 2021
- RYSTAD ENERGY – VACA MUERTA QUICKEST GROWING SHALE PLAY IN THE WORLD 08th October 2021
- VAN OORD ORDERS MEGA JACKUP TO INSTALL 20 MW OFFSHORE WIND TURBINES 04th October 2021
- BAKER HUGHES SDS AND MHWIRTH FORM GLOBAL OFFSHORE DRILLING EQUIPMENT COMPANY 04th October 2021