VALLOUREC WINS CNOOC CONTRACT
Vallourec has signed a contract with China National Offshore Oil Corporation, (CNOOC) the largest offshore oil and gas producer in China and one of the largest state-owned enterprises.
This order, mainly produced in China, covers 16,000 tons of OCTG tubular solutions intended for CNOOC’s offshore projects in Tianjin, Shanghai, Shenzhen and Zhanjiang.
Vallourec will use one of the new production routes created in recent months under its Transformation Plan. Most of the seamless carbon steel tubes will be produced by Tianda Oil Pipe (China), the new plant purchased by the Vallourec Group in 2016 in Chuzhou, China (North of Shanghai), and all processes will be done for API casing in Tianda.
Additionally, VAM® connections will be produced in the Group’s Changzhou plant (VAM Changzhou) and the 13CR casing pipes, in the French facilities.
Pascal Braquehais, Managing Director Vallourec Northeast Asia, stated: “We are proud to have won this new contract, Vallourec and Tianda have learned to work with each other since 2011 and are now forming one that makes us successful. Thanks to the efforts we have made in the recent months, as part of our Transformation Plan, we are the partner of choice to offer our customers competitive solutions across the range of OCTG products.”
Sam Li, General Manager Vallourec Oil & Gas (China), added: “Our products’ competitiveness can meet the expectations of our customers and it is the key to our success.” (Source: Vallourec)
- QATARENERGY TO INCREASE AL-SHAHEEN OIL PRODUCTION BY 100,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd February 2024
- MAJOR PIPELAY ACCIDENT OFF THE COAST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA 01st February 2024
- LATIN AMERICA AND AFRICA WILL LEAD THE WAY IN HIGH-IMPACT EXPLORATION DRILLING 01st February 2024
- SLB AND EQUINOR DRILL LONGEST WELL SECTION IN AUTONOMOUS MODE 31st January 2024
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN NIGERIA 18th January 2024