VATTENFALL STARTS CONSTRUCTION OF TWO LARGE WINDFARMS IN SWEDEN
Vattenfall has signed a turbine contract with Vestas and, subject to project financing being in place, a 20-year power purchase agreement with Norsk Hydro will be closed. As owners of the project a partnership with Vattenfall (30 %), Vestas and KPA, a Danish pension fund, has been formed (together 70 %). The wind farm is divided into two parts: Blakliden in the Asele municipality with 50 turbines and Fabodberget in the Asele and Lycksele municipalities with 34 turbines. The total capacity will be 353 MW, which is enough renewable energy to supply 220,000 Swedish homes with electricity.
“We are pleased to announce our expansion of onshore wind in Sweden. Blakliden/Fabodberget represents an important step in our strategy to become fossil free within one generation and this time we do it in cooperation with strong partners in Vestas and PKA,” says Magnus Hall, President and CEO of Vattenfall.
“The investment decision for Blakliden/Fabodberget is a great moment for our Business Area Wind since it is the biggest onshore wind farm project we did so far.
I am extremely proud about this project in our home-country Sweden. The development of Blakliden/Fabodberget profited a lot from the good collaboration with our partners, the turbine supplier Vestas and the local communities and stakeholders”, says Gunnar Groebler, Senior Vice President and Head of Business Area Wind at Vattenfall.
Facts about the Blakliden/Fabodberget wind farm:
• Total maximum capacity is 353 MW.
• Annual output is 1.1 TWh.
• Total height from tip of rotor blade is 180 meters.
• Investment cost approx. SEK 3.5 billion.
• Commissioning 2021/2022.
- TIDEWATER AND GULFMARK TO MERGE 16th July 2018
- WEATHERFORD DROPS LAND DRILLING OPERATIONS IN ALGERIA, KUWAIT AND SAUDI ARABIA 13th July 2018
- BP: START-UP OF SHAH DENIZ 2 OFFSHORE AZERBAIJAN 04th July 2018
- GENERAL ELECTRIC TO SPIN OFF BAKER HUGHES AND GE HEALTHCARE 27th June 2018
- GE AND EDF TO CONSTRUCT SIX EPR’s IN INDIA 27th June 2018
- USGS: EAGLE FORD HOLDS 8.5 BILLION BARRELS OF UNDISCOVERED OIL 25th June 2018
- EIGHTH OIL DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA FOR EXXONMOBIL 21st June 2018