VATTENFALL STARTS CONSTRUCTION OF TWO LARGE WINDFARMS IN SWEDEN
Vattenfall has signed a turbine contract with Vestas and, subject to project financing being in place, a 20-year power purchase agreement with Norsk Hydro will be closed. As owners of the project a partnership with Vattenfall (30 %), Vestas and KPA, a Danish pension fund, has been formed (together 70 %). The wind farm is divided into two parts: Blakliden in the Asele municipality with 50 turbines and Fabodberget in the Asele and Lycksele municipalities with 34 turbines. The total capacity will be 353 MW, which is enough renewable energy to supply 220,000 Swedish homes with electricity.
“We are pleased to announce our expansion of onshore wind in Sweden. Blakliden/Fabodberget represents an important step in our strategy to become fossil free within one generation and this time we do it in cooperation with strong partners in Vestas and PKA,” says Magnus Hall, President and CEO of Vattenfall.
“The investment decision for Blakliden/Fabodberget is a great moment for our Business Area Wind since it is the biggest onshore wind farm project we did so far.
I am extremely proud about this project in our home-country Sweden. The development of Blakliden/Fabodberget profited a lot from the good collaboration with our partners, the turbine supplier Vestas and the local communities and stakeholders”, says Gunnar Groebler, Senior Vice President and Head of Business Area Wind at Vattenfall.
Facts about the Blakliden/Fabodberget wind farm:
• Total maximum capacity is 353 MW.
• Annual output is 1.1 TWh.
• Total height from tip of rotor blade is 180 meters.
• Investment cost approx. SEK 3.5 billion.
• Commissioning 2021/2022.
- AASTA HANSTEEN GAS FIELD ON STREAM 18th December 2018
- ARGENTINA: PETRONAS AND YPF TO INVEST $2.3 BILLION IN LA AMARGA CHICA 12th December 2018
- ENI STRIKES OIL IN THE AFOXE PROSPECT OFFSHORE ANGOLA 10th December 2018
- TALOS ENERGY COMMENCES ZAMA-2 APPRAISAL CAMPAIGN 04th December 2018
- EXXONMOBIL MAKES 10TH DISCOVERY IN STABROEK BLOCK OFFSHORE GUYANA 04th December 2018
- IXACHI BECOMES MEXICO’S LARGEST DISCOVERY IN 25 YEARS 03rd December 2018
- THE GIGANTIC AIRPORTS OF THE FUTURE – ISTANBUL, DAXING, CHANGI, LONG THANH 24th November 2018
- BP STARTS UP CLAIR RIDGE OIL PRODUCTION IN WEST OF SHETLAND 24th November 2018