VATTENFALL WINS HOLLANDSE KUST ZUID TENDER
Vattenfall, the Swedish power company, is awarded the permit for the Hollandse Kust Zuid offshore wind farm.
“This is excellent news for Vattenfall and the Netherlands. It is a significant step for us in view of our ambitions to grow in renewable energy production. We have previously announced that we intend to invest SEK 13 billion (EUR 1.5 billion) in growth investments in wind power for the period 2017-2018. The Netherlands is an important market for us and this will be our second offshore project there. It’s a great honor for us to get the opportunity to contribute with this project to the transformation of the Dutch energy system”, says Magnus Hall, Vattenfall’s President and CEO.
“Winning the bid for Hollandse Kust Zuid is a result of our continuous cost reduction efforts along our entire value chain and the solid track record and portfolio approach of our company. We are very happy to enlarge our contribution in making the Dutch energy system more sustainable and support our customers, large and small, on their way to become climate smarter”, says Gunnar Groebler, Senior Vice President Business Area Wind.
According the tender rules, the wind farm needs to be fully operational within 5 years after an irrevocable permit. Vattenfall will now make the final preparations for this project including the design of the wind farm, continuation of the internal planning and finalizing the tender process for major components.
The 356 km2 Hollandse Kust Zuid site is located located 22,2 km off the west coast of the Netherlands. The total wind farm capacity will be between 700-750 MW
- QATARENERGY TO INCREASE AL-SHAHEEN OIL PRODUCTION BY 100,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd February 2024
- MAJOR PIPELAY ACCIDENT OFF THE COAST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA 01st February 2024
- LATIN AMERICA AND AFRICA WILL LEAD THE WAY IN HIGH-IMPACT EXPLORATION DRILLING 01st February 2024
- SLB AND EQUINOR DRILL LONGEST WELL SECTION IN AUTONOMOUS MODE 31st January 2024
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN NIGERIA 18th January 2024