VESTAS WINS ORDER TO POWER THE 67 MW BENBRACK WIND FARM IN SOUTHERN SCOTLAND
Vestas, the Danish wind turbine manufacturer, has received a 67 MW order from Red Rock Power Limited for the Benbrack wind farm located in Dumfries and Galloway in Southwest Scotland.
The order includes the supply, installation, and commissioning of 13 V136-4.5 MW turbines and two V117-4.2 MW turbines in 4.3 MW operating mode. Vestas will also service the turbines under a long-term Active Output Management 5000 (AOM 5000) service agreement.
“We are very pleased to have been selected by Red Rock Power to supply our onshore solutions for its Benbrack wind farm as it highlights the importance of onshore wind to the UK energy security strategy,” said Juan Furones, Vice President for Vestas Sales North & West. “This project, once again, shows the applicability of the recently upgraded V136-4.5 MW wind turbine, and the V117-4.2 MW wind turbine, towards the Scottish climatic conditions”.
Benbrack’s Project Director, Jamie Grant, said: “We look forward to working with Vestas on Benbrack and are pleased to have completed an agreement before early onsite works commence in August. Vestas’ commitment to innovate and continually improve efficiency was a key driver and aligns with our long-term goals to maximise generation and asset value once in operation”.
Deliveries and installation of the wind turbines are expected to begin in early 2024, while commissioning is expected to complete by the middle of the same year.
- EXXONMOBIL MAKES THE SIXTH AND SEVENTH DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE GUYANA THIS YEAR 27th July 2022
- THE SHARP DROP OF RECOVERABLE OIL WORLDWIDE TREATENS GLOBAL ENERGY SECURITY 09th July 2022
- ROSNEFT REPORTS LARGE OIL DISCOVERY IN THE PECHORA SEA 07th July 2022
- SINGAPORE – SEMCORP MARINE DELIVERS WORLD’S FIRST EIGHT GENERATION DRILLSHIP 30th June 2022
- SONATRACH MAKES IMPORTANT GAS AND CONDENSATE DISCOVERY IN HASSI R’MEL AREA 29th June 2022