VIETNAM KEY PARTNER OF GAZPROM IN SOUTHEAST ASIA
A working meeting between Alexey Miller, Chairman of Gazprom, and Nguyen Vu Truong Son, CEO and Chairman of PetroVietnam, took place on the margins of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit in Danang, Vietnam.
The parties discussed a wide range of issues related to bilateral partnership, including hydrocarbon production and geological exploration in Vietnam.
Particular attention was paid to cooperation in the NGV market. The meeting placed a focus on the construction project for a small-scale LNG production complex and a CNG filling network in southern Vietnam. A feasibility study for the project is underway. It was noted that the project would contribute to the proliferation of vehicles powered by natural gas – a modern and environmentally-friendly fuel.
“Vietnam is one of Gazprom’s key partners in Southeast Asia. Together with PetroVietnam, we successfully conduct geological exploration and produce hydrocarbons, as well as make preparations to develop the country’s NGV market.
We are also exploring new avenues for cooperation. One of them is gas-fired power generation. In that connection, we are discussing the prospects for supplying LNG to Vietnam from the Gazprom Group’s portfolio for the purposes of power generation,” said Alexey Miller.
Since 2013, Gazprom International and PetroVietnam have been engaged in commercial gas and condensate production from the Moc Tinh and Hai Thach fields offshore Vietnam. (Source Gazprom – Image: City of Danang / energy global news /RB)
- ARGENTINA: PETRONAS AND YPF TO INVEST $2.3 BILLION IN LA AMARGA CHICA 12th December 2018
- ENI STRIKES OIL IN THE AFOXE PROSPECT OFFSHORE ANGOLA 10th December 2018
- TALOS ENERGY COMMENCES ZAMA-2 APPRAISAL CAMPAIGN 04th December 2018
- EXXONMOBIL MAKES 10TH DISCOVERY IN STABROEK BLOCK OFFSHORE GUYANA 04th December 2018
- IXACHI BECOMES MEXICO’S LARGEST DISCOVERY IN 25 YEARS 03rd December 2018
- THE GIGANTIC AIRPORTS OF THE FUTURE – ISTANBUL, DAXING, CHANGI, LONG THANH 24th November 2018
- BP STARTS UP CLAIR RIDGE OIL PRODUCTION IN WEST OF SHETLAND 24th November 2018