FIFTH WELL AT VLADIMIR FILANOVSKY
Russian Lukoil has completed the construction and commissioning of the fifth production well at Vladimir Filanovsky offshore field in the Caspian Sea and commenced the construction of the sixth well that is going to be used for water injection.
The fifth well has a bilateral horizontal design. The horizontal length of the main bore is 1,429 meters, while the length of its sidetrack is 1,612 meters. The new well has significantly increased the field’s daily production with over 14 thousand tons of oil produced on June 13, 2017, or 5 million tons on an annualized basis. The works are carried out to achieve the well’s design operating conditions.
The construction of facilities under Phase 2 field development are performed in accordance with the plan. As of today, the topside of the offshore ice-resistant fixed platform (IRP-2) was installed on the substructure. The next step will be the transportation of the living quarters platform’s (LQP-2) topside from the shore to the field under Phase 2 development.
Vladimir Filanovsky field was put into operation in 2016. The annual production rate at plateau is 6 million tons of oil. All facilities for LUKOIL’s offshore fields in the Caspian Sea are built by Russian shipyards and comply with the zero-discharge principle. (Source: Lukoil)
- TOTAL AND APACHE ANNOUNCE FOURTH DISCOVERY OFFSHORE SURINAME 14th January 2021
- PACIFIC DRILLING COMPLETES RESTRUCTURING AND EMERGES FROM CHAPTER 11 05th January 2021
- ENI AWARDED OPERATORSHIP OF ONE OF ABU DHABI’S LARGEST OFSSHORE CONCESSIONS 23rd December 2020
- RELIANCE FLOWS FIRST GAS FROM ASIA’S DEEPEST PROJECT OFF THE EAST COAST OF INDIA 21st December 2020
- ROSNEFT REPORTS UNIQUE GAS FIELD DISCOVERY IN THE KARA SEA 14th December 2020