VNG HIRES WEST PHOENIX FOR THE FENJA PROJECT
VNG Norge, the Norwegian arm of the German gas supplier VNG Group, on behalf of the PL 586 partners has issued a Letter of Intent (LOI) to North Atlantic Norway Ltd for the drilling rig West Phoenix for drilling of the development wells for the Fenja project in the Norwegian Sea. The LOI covers six fixed development wells (three producers, two water injectors and one gas injector) on Fenja with drilling startup in 2020. In addition the LOI covers three optional wells before and three optional wells after the fixed period.
The final contract will be signed pending a final investment decision planned for later this month, and subject to the authorities’ approval of the Plan for Development and Operations (PDO).
As operator of PL586 we completed a successful drilling programme in 2014 with the Pil & Bue discoveries, followed by the exploration programme in the Boomerang prospect in 2015.
West Phoenix is a Moss CS-50 harsh environment, ultra-deepwater semi-submersible built by Samsung in South Korea in 2008. (Source: VNG)
- EIGHTH OIL DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA FOR EXXONMOBIL 21st June 2018
- BORR DRILLING READY FOR THE RECOVERY IN JACKUP MARKET 20th June 2018
- EQUINOR AWARDS THE LARGEST SERVICES CONTRACTS EVER 19th June 2018
- DEVELOPMENT DRILLING OF LIZA PHASE 1 OFFSHORE GUYANA COMMENCES 13th June 2018
- TAISHIN 1 WORLD FIRST EPR STARTED 11th June 2018
- 200th LNG CARGO FROM GNLG IN CURTIS ISLAND 07th June 2018
- NOV ACQUIRES DUTCH RIG ENGINEERING FIRM GustoMSC 04th June 2018
- SHELL REPORTS DOVER DISCOVERY IN THE GULF OF MEXICO 24th May 2018