VNG HIRES WEST PHOENIX FOR THE FENJA PROJECT
VNG Norge, the Norwegian arm of the German gas supplier VNG Group, on behalf of the PL 586 partners has issued a Letter of Intent (LOI) to North Atlantic Norway Ltd for the drilling rig West Phoenix for drilling of the development wells for the Fenja project in the Norwegian Sea. The LOI covers six fixed development wells (three producers, two water injectors and one gas injector) on Fenja with drilling startup in 2020. In addition the LOI covers three optional wells before and three optional wells after the fixed period.
The final contract will be signed pending a final investment decision planned for later this month, and subject to the authorities’ approval of the Plan for Development and Operations (PDO).
As operator of PL586 we completed a successful drilling programme in 2014 with the Pil & Bue discoveries, followed by the exploration programme in the Boomerang prospect in 2015.
West Phoenix is a Moss CS-50 harsh environment, ultra-deepwater semi-submersible built by Samsung in South Korea in 2008. (Source: VNG)
- SCHLUMBERGER AND SUBSEA 7 TO FORM A JOINT VENTURE 23rd February 2018
- BORR DRILLING ACQUIRES PARAGON OFFSHORE 23rd February 2018
- FIRST LIVE OIL SEEPS DISCOVERED ONSHORE JAMAICA 23rd February 2018
- BASSOE OFFSHORE: UP TO 200 JACKUPS TO SCRAP 17th February 2018
- NOBLE ENERGY SELLS DEEPWATER GULF ASSETS FOR $710 MILLION 16th February 2018
- NEPTUNE ENERGY ACQUIRES ENGIE E&P 16th February 2018
- BLAST ONBOARD SAGAR BHUSHAN DRILLSHIP KILLS FIVE 15th February 2018