VNG HIRES WEST PHOENIX FOR THE FENJA PROJECT
VNG Norge, the Norwegian arm of the German gas supplier VNG Group, on behalf of the PL 586 partners has issued a Letter of Intent (LOI) to North Atlantic Norway Ltd for the drilling rig West Phoenix for drilling of the development wells for the Fenja project in the Norwegian Sea. The LOI covers six fixed development wells (three producers, two water injectors and one gas injector) on Fenja with drilling startup in 2020. In addition the LOI covers three optional wells before and three optional wells after the fixed period.
The final contract will be signed pending a final investment decision planned for later this month, and subject to the authorities’ approval of the Plan for Development and Operations (PDO).
As operator of PL586 we completed a successful drilling programme in 2014 with the Pil & Bue discoveries, followed by the exploration programme in the Boomerang prospect in 2015.
West Phoenix is a Moss CS-50 harsh environment, ultra-deepwater semi-submersible built by Samsung in South Korea in 2008. (Source: VNG)
- ARGENTINA: PETRONAS AND YPF TO INVEST $2.3 BILLION IN LA AMARGA CHICA 12th December 2018
- ENI STRIKES OIL IN THE AFOXE PROSPECT OFFSHORE ANGOLA 10th December 2018
- TALOS ENERGY COMMENCES ZAMA-2 APPRAISAL CAMPAIGN 04th December 2018
- EXXONMOBIL MAKES 10TH DISCOVERY IN STABROEK BLOCK OFFSHORE GUYANA 04th December 2018
- IXACHI BECOMES MEXICO’S LARGEST DISCOVERY IN 25 YEARS 03rd December 2018
- THE GIGANTIC AIRPORTS OF THE FUTURE – ISTANBUL, DAXING, CHANGI, LONG THANH 24th November 2018
- BP STARTS UP CLAIR RIDGE OIL PRODUCTION IN WEST OF SHETLAND 24th November 2018