VNG HIRES WEST PHOENIX FOR THE FENJA PROJECT
VNG Norge, the Norwegian arm of the German gas supplier VNG Group, on behalf of the PL 586 partners has issued a Letter of Intent (LOI) to North Atlantic Norway Ltd for the drilling rig West Phoenix for drilling of the development wells for the Fenja project in the Norwegian Sea. The LOI covers six fixed development wells (three producers, two water injectors and one gas injector) on Fenja with drilling startup in 2020. In addition the LOI covers three optional wells before and three optional wells after the fixed period.
The final contract will be signed pending a final investment decision planned for later this month, and subject to the authorities’ approval of the Plan for Development and Operations (PDO).
As operator of PL586 we completed a successful drilling programme in 2014 with the Pil & Bue discoveries, followed by the exploration programme in the Boomerang prospect in 2015.
West Phoenix is a Moss CS-50 harsh environment, ultra-deepwater semi-submersible built by Samsung in South Korea in 2008. (Source: VNG)
- NORTH DAKOTA SETS NEW OIL PRODUCTION RECORDS 19th September 2018
- WALNEY EXTENSION WORLD’s LARGEST OFFSHORE WINDFARM OPENS 06th September 2018
- TRANSOCEAN ACQUIRES OCEAN RIG FOR $2.9 BILLION 05th September 2018
- EXXONMOBIL MAKES FIFTH DISCOVERY IN STABROEK BLOCK OFFSHORE GUYANA 31st August 2018
- CONTAINER SHIP MUMBAI MAERSK SETS NEW WORLD RECORD 23rd August 2018