BRAZIL: VOPAK EXPANDS IN ALEMOA, PORT OF SANTOS
Royal Vopak announces that it will expand its wholly-owned terminal in Alemoa, which is located in Brazil’s Port of Santos, Latin America’s largest port. The expansion will add 16 new tanks with a capacity of 61,000 cbm to Vopak’s Alemoa Terminal. The total capacity of the terminal after the expansion will be 235,000 cbm. In addition, five additional truck loading bays will be constructed that are designed to handle up to 130 additional trucks per day. The investment is supported by long-term customer contracts. The new capacity will primarily be used for ethanol exports and the imports of fuels like diesel and gasoline. The investment will strengthen Vopak’s position as an independent import and export location for fuels. The expansion is expected to be commissioned in Q1 2019.
Royal Vopak, based in Rotterdam, is the world’s leading independent tank storage company. (Source: Vopak)
- BARENTS SEA RESOURCES TWICE AS ASSUMED 26th April 2017
- LAYANG-LAYANG: BRUNEI SHELL FIRST ONSHORE DISCOVERY IN 37 YEARS 19th April 2017
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN GABON 25th March 2017
- TRANSOCEAN TO SELL ENTIRE JACKUP FLEET TO BORR DRILLING 20th March 2017
- HORSESHOE, ALASKA NORTH SLOPE: LARGEST US ONSHORE DISCOVERY IN 30 YEARS 10th March 2017