BRAZIL: VOPAK EXPANDS IN ALEMOA, PORT OF SANTOS
Royal Vopak announces that it will expand its wholly-owned terminal in Alemoa, which is located in Brazil’s Port of Santos, Latin America’s largest port. The expansion will add 16 new tanks with a capacity of 61,000 cbm to Vopak’s Alemoa Terminal. The total capacity of the terminal after the expansion will be 235,000 cbm. In addition, five additional truck loading bays will be constructed that are designed to handle up to 130 additional trucks per day. The investment is supported by long-term customer contracts. The new capacity will primarily be used for ethanol exports and the imports of fuels like diesel and gasoline. The investment will strengthen Vopak’s position as an independent import and export location for fuels. The expansion is expected to be commissioned in Q1 2019.
Royal Vopak, based in Rotterdam, is the world’s leading independent tank storage company. (Source: Vopak)
- PSA INVESTIGATES FATAL ACCIDENT ON MAERSK INTERCEPTOR 09th December 2017
- YAMAL LNG PRODUCES FIRST COMMERCIAL LNG 07th December 2017
- PROCUCTION STARTS AT HEBRON FIELD 29th November 2017
- BRAZIL: LIBRA GIANT FIELD ON STREAM 28th November 2017
- OPENING MOMENTS OF CHERNOBYL TRAGEDY REWRITTEN 26th November 2017