WEATHERFORD AWARDED P&A CONTRACT OFFSHORE NORWAY
Weatherford International plc today announced that it has been awarded a contract for plug and abandonment (P&A) services by Repsol Norge AS. The work will commence in October 2017 and is estimated to be completed over a period of three years.
The contract scope encompasses multiple services, including fishing, cutting and milling; casing pulling; and drilling and pinning multiple strings of casing. Weatherford will provide these services on up to 50 wells which are to be plugged and abandoned.
Contributing factors that led to this win for Weatherford include the Company’s offering of cost-effective well-abandonment technologies; multi-skilled, cross-trained personnel; and a detailed, collaborative project management plan. Weatherford has executed similar work in the Beatrice field.
“Our team has completed numerous P&A campaigns in the North Sea, and we know the level of discipline required to assure safety and service quality in this environment,” said Iain Cook, Vice President – Europe Africa at Weatherford. “We look forward to delivering exceptional results for Repsol Norge AS on these and future wells.”
Repsol produces about 23,000 barrels of oil equivalents per day from fields in the Norwegian shelf. It is operator for the Gyda, Varg, Blane and Rev fields and has ownership interests in several others. (Source: Weatherfotd)
- CHINA TO BUILD 6 TO 8 NUCLEAR REACTORS ANNUALLY BETWEEN 2020 AND 2025 09th July 2020
- CHESAPEAKE FILES FOR CHAPTER 11 30th June 2020
- BP SELLS ITS PETROCHEMICAL BUSINESS TO INEOS 30th June 2020
- NORILSK NICKEL TANK COLLAPSES – 21,000 TONS OF DIESEL LEAK INTO ARTIC RIVER 05th June 2020
- VATTENFALL TO CONSTRUCT WORLD’S LARGEST OFFSHORE WINDFARM 05th June 2020
- QATAR PETROLEUM SIGNS THE LARGEST SHIPBUILDING AGREEMENT IN HISTORY 02nd June 2020