WEATHERFORD INKS ULTRA-DEEPWATER INTERVENTION CONTRACT WITH PETROBRAS
Weatherford International announced it has been awarded a five-year contract with Petrobras in Brazil, after a competitive tender, to provide Drill Pipe Riser (DPR) ultra deepwater offshore intervention systems and services. This new seven-system contract will commence operations March 2025 and will replace a current six-system contract that began in November 2020.
Weatherford’s industry-leading Intervention Workover Control Systems (IWOCS) provide holistic answers for tasks such as tubing-string or tubing-hanger installation, well testing and appraisal, spool-base, and both vertical and horizontal Christmas tree installation. Additionally, these systems cater to wellhead-tree cap installation, well-intervention operations with workover blowout preventer, and oil or gas production for early well tests. To elevate this comprehensive solution, Weatherford is incorporating its cutting-edge digitalization solution, the Centro well construction optimization platform, offering exceptional operational visibility and performance.
- QATARENERGY TO INCREASE AL-SHAHEEN OIL PRODUCTION BY 100,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd February 2024
- MAJOR PIPELAY ACCIDENT OFF THE COAST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA 01st February 2024
- LATIN AMERICA AND AFRICA WILL LEAD THE WAY IN HIGH-IMPACT EXPLORATION DRILLING 01st February 2024
- SLB AND EQUINOR DRILL LONGEST WELL SECTION IN AUTONOMOUS MODE 31st January 2024
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN NIGERIA 18th January 2024