WEATHERFORD INTRODUCES RAPTOR 2
Weatherford International announced the commercial release of the Raptor 2.0 cased-hole evaluation system today at the Society of Petrophysicists and Well Log Analysts Annual Symposium. The Raptor 2.0 system, which has been tested and proven in more than 200 field runs, combines a pulsed-neutron wireline logging device with advanced petrophysical workflows, a wide range of answer products and support from a team of experienced production petrophysicists to provide actionable reservoir data.
The Raptor wireline logging tool features the first and only five-detector array on the market, which makes the system 250% more sensitive than traditional, two-detector pulsed neutron tools. By providing high-fidelity oil-water and gas-liquid saturation measurements, the Raptor 2.0 system enables operators to increase their reservoir knowledge during completion, production and rejuvenation operations. This knowledge can then be leveraged to increase hydrocarbon recovery.
“Today, operators are only able to identify and recover a fraction of the oil in their reservoirs. Our new Raptor 2.0 system helps clients look behind the casing to identify the type, location and amount of hydrocarbons in their reservoir, so they can realize the full potential value of their asset,” said Olivier Muller, Vice President of Wireline and Testing Services at Weatherford. (Source: Weatherford)
- PETROFAC EMIRATES AWARDED TWO CONTRACTS WORTH $1.65 BILLION IN ABU DHABI 19th February 2020
- ENI DISCOVERS OIL IN THE MID-DEEP WATER OF THE CUENCA SALINA OFFSHORE MEXICO 18th February 2020
- JEBEL ALI BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 05th February 2020
- STAGE COMPLETIONS COMPLETES RECORD 142-STAGE JOB IN THE PERMIAN BASIN 30th January 2020
- EXXONMOBIL DISCOVERS OIL AT UARU OFFSHORE GUYANA 29th January 2020