WELL-SAFE SOLUTIONS AWARDS SCHLUMBERGER SIGNIFICANT PLUG AND ABANDONMENT WORKSCOPE
Well-Safe Solutions has announced the award of a significant work scope to Schlumberger for the provision of Plug and Abandonment Well Services.
The scope includes the supply of cementing service, wireline services, wellbore fluid services and fishing, milling and swarf recovery services.
The appointment of Schlumberger was the result of a highly competitive selection process through which Schlumberger demonstrated a highly attuned and complementary strategy for well decommissioning. The work will be aboard the Well-Safe Guardian; Well-Safe’s flagship decommissioning asset.
Phil Milton, chief executive officer at Well-Safe Solutions said: “We are delighted to award this contract to Schlumberger following an extensive tender process. Achieving this major milestone within the timeframes we committed to, will give us access to the necessary technology and ensure our operational readiness for Q2 2020.”
Donald McKay, Business Development Manager at Schlumberger said: “Schlumberger is pleased to deliver our services for well abandonment to our clients in the North Sea. The appointment of these fully integrated services shall enable significant benefit to the P&A market.”
(Source and image:Well-Safe/Well-Safe Guardian)
- CHINA TO BUILD 6 TO 8 NUCLEAR REACTORS ANNUALLY BETWEEN 2020 AND 2025 09th July 2020
- CHESAPEAKE FILES FOR CHAPTER 11 30th June 2020
- BP SELLS ITS PETROCHEMICAL BUSINESS TO INEOS 30th June 2020
- NORILSK NICKEL TANK COLLAPSES – 21,000 TONS OF DIESEL LEAK INTO ARTIC RIVER 05th June 2020
- VATTENFALL TO CONSTRUCT WORLD’S LARGEST OFFSHORE WINDFARM 05th June 2020
- QATAR PETROLEUM SIGNS THE LARGEST SHIPBUILDING AGREEMENT IN HISTORY 02nd June 2020