WEST ARAFURA SEA DEEP WATERS – PETRONAS AND SHELL SIGN SPA
PETRONAS’ subsidiary, PETRONAS Masela (PETRONAS Masela) has signed the Sale and Purchase Agreement (SPA) with Shell Upstream Overseas Services for the acquisition of 15 per cent participating interest in the Production Sharing Contract of the Masela Block (Masela PSC), located in the deep waters of west Arafura Sea, Eastern Indonesia. The transaction is currently pending completion subject to regulatory approval and fulfillment of conditions precedent.
The acquisition was part of a joint bidding collaboration between PETRONAS Masela and its partner, PT Pertamina Hulu Energi (PHE) where both entities will acquire Shell’s entire 35 per cent participating interest in the Masela PSC. PHE also signed its SPA with Shell today to take up 20 per cent participating interest. INPEX Masela, the operator of the Masela Block, holds the remaining 65 per cent participating interest.
The project also provides an opportunity for PETRONAS to contribute our technical expertise in the development and monetisation of the block, and will further strengthen our global LNG portfolio towards meeting growing demand for lower-carbon energy from Indonesia and across the region.
- QATARENERGY TO INCREASE AL-SHAHEEN OIL PRODUCTION BY 100,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd February 2024
- MAJOR PIPELAY ACCIDENT OFF THE COAST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA 01st February 2024
- LATIN AMERICA AND AFRICA WILL LEAD THE WAY IN HIGH-IMPACT EXPLORATION DRILLING 01st February 2024
- SLB AND EQUINOR DRILL LONGEST WELL SECTION IN AUTONOMOUS MODE 31st January 2024
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN NIGERIA 18th January 2024