WEST ELARA AND WEST LINUS: 10-YEAR CONTRACT WITH CONOCOPHILLIPS
North Atlantic Drilling has secured 10-year contract awards for the jack-ups West Elara and West Linus with ConocoPhillips Skandinavia for work in the Greater Ekofisk Area. The total additional backlog for the new contract awards is estimated at $1.4 billion excluding performance bonuses. As part of the agreement, the Company has agreed to a dayrate adjustment on the existing West Linus contract effective from April 2017, resulting in a $58 million reduction in current backlog.
The new West Elara contract which is expected to commence in October 2017 includes a period of fixed dayrates until March 2020 and contributes approximately $160 million of contract backlog. A market indexed rate is applicable thereafter until October 2027 which the Company believes will contribute an estimated $530 million of contract backlog.
The contract on West Linus has been extended from May 2019 until the end of 2028 at a market indexed dayrate, which the Company believes will contribute an estimated $706 million of contract backlog. The backlog estimate indicated for the market indexed rate period for each rig is based on the third party dayrate assumptions presented in the Seadrill Limited release dated January 31, 2017 and includes an agreed percentage discount. The estimates are subject to changes based on market conditions.
West Elara and West Linus are two Gusto MSC CJ70 high specification jackup rigs capable to drill in 492 ft of water. They were built by Jurong shipyard in Singapore and delivered in 2011 and 2014 respectively. (Source: NADL)
- SAIPEM AND SUBSEA 7 – A POSSIBLE MERGER TO CREATE A GIANT 19th November 2019
- SHEARWATER GEOSERVICES AWARDED LARGEST EVER 4D CAMPAIGN IN THE ASIA PACIFIC 18th November 2019
- TOTAL FLOWS FIRST GAS FROM IARA IN THE SANTOS BASIN DEEPWATER 18th November 2019
- ADNOC AND TOTAL – WORLD’S FIRST AUTOMATED SEISMIC ACQUISITION 14th November 2019
- IRAN HAS DISCOVERED NEW GIANT OILFIELD IN KHUZESTAN PROVINCE 11th November 2019
- ENCANA TO LEAVE CANADA AND ESTABLISH HEADQUARTERS IN THE UNITED STATES 08th November 2019
- SAIPEM 7000 ESTABLISHES NEW LIFTING RECORD FOR THE GULF OF MEXICO 31st October 2019
- BP AND KOSMOS ENERGY MAKE MAJOR GAS DISCOVERY OFFSHORE MAURITANIA 29th October 2019