WEST ELARA AND WEST LINUS: 10-YEAR CONTRACT WITH CONOCOPHILLIPS
North Atlantic Drilling has secured 10-year contract awards for the jack-ups West Elara and West Linus with ConocoPhillips Skandinavia for work in the Greater Ekofisk Area. The total additional backlog for the new contract awards is estimated at $1.4 billion excluding performance bonuses. As part of the agreement, the Company has agreed to a dayrate adjustment on the existing West Linus contract effective from April 2017, resulting in a $58 million reduction in current backlog.
The new West Elara contract which is expected to commence in October 2017 includes a period of fixed dayrates until March 2020 and contributes approximately $160 million of contract backlog. A market indexed rate is applicable thereafter until October 2027 which the Company believes will contribute an estimated $530 million of contract backlog.
The contract on West Linus has been extended from May 2019 until the end of 2028 at a market indexed dayrate, which the Company believes will contribute an estimated $706 million of contract backlog. The backlog estimate indicated for the market indexed rate period for each rig is based on the third party dayrate assumptions presented in the Seadrill Limited release dated January 31, 2017 and includes an agreed percentage discount. The estimates are subject to changes based on market conditions.
West Elara and West Linus are two Gusto MSC CJ70 high specification jackup rigs capable to drill in 492 ft of water. They were built by Jurong shipyard in Singapore and delivered in 2011 and 2014 respectively. (Source: NADL)
- PETROFAC EMIRATES AWARDED TWO CONTRACTS WORTH $1.65 BILLION IN ABU DHABI 19th February 2020
- ENI DISCOVERS OIL IN THE MID-DEEP WATER OF THE CUENCA SALINA OFFSHORE MEXICO 18th February 2020
- JEBEL ALI BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 05th February 2020
- STAGE COMPLETIONS COMPLETES RECORD 142-STAGE JOB IN THE PERMIAN BASIN 30th January 2020
- EXXONMOBIL DISCOVERS OIL AT UARU OFFSHORE GUYANA 29th January 2020
- ENCANA BECOMES OVINTIV AND ESTABLISHES HEADQUARTERS IN DENVER 27th January 2020
- HALLIBURTON REPORTS $1.7 BILLION LOSS IN Q4 2019 22nd January 2020