WEST POLARIS AWARDED ONE WELL CONTRACT OFFSHORE GABON
Seadrill Partners has secured a one well contract with PC Gabon Upstream S.A. for the West Polaris to work offshore Gabon. Backlog is expected to be approximately $22 million excluding mobilization fees with commencement expected in September 2019 and running to the end of 2019.
PC Gabon Upstream S.A. (PCGUSA), headquartered in Libreville, Gabon, is a subsidiary of the Petronas Group. This Malaysian multinational has been established in Gabon since 2014 thanks to the signing of the Exploration, Exploitation and Production Sharing Agreement (CEEPP) for block F14 (called Likuale) off the coast of Gabon. The block is located approximately 160 km from Mayumba, between 2000 m and 3000 m deep.
West Polaris, a Samsung S10000E ultra-deepwater drillship, was delivered in 2008. The vessel is reported as ready stacked in Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
Formed by Seadrill, Seadrill partners, headquartered in London, UK, own and operate a fleet of four ultra-deepwaterd drillships (West Vela, West Polaris, west Capella and West Augira), three ultra-deepwater semi-submersibles (West Sirius, West Leo, West Capricorn.Seadrill Partners also operates a fleet of three tender-assisted drilling units (West Vencedor, T15 and T16)
(Source: Seadrill/PC Gabon Upstream – Image: West Polaris anchored in Santa Cruz de Tenerife)
- EQUINOR CELEBRATES 1000th CARGO AT HAMMERFEST LNG PLANT 11th October 2019
- NORTH SEA GIANT JOHAN SVERDRUP ON STREAM 07th October 2019
- TUGBOAT BOURBON RHODE SINKS IN HURRICANE LORENZO – 11 MISSING 29th September 2019
- EXXONMOBIL SELLS NORWAY UPSTREAM INTERESTS TO VAR ENERGY 27th September 2019
- GOOGLE SEALS THE BIGGEST PURCHASE OF RENEWABLE ENERGY IN HISTORY 25th September 2019
- TRANSOCEAN ABANDONS THE CONSTRUCTION OF TWO SAMSUNG DRILLSHIPS 24th September 2019