WESTERNGECO BAGS 4D SEISMIC CONTRACT IN THE GJOA LICENSE
Engie E&P Norge has awarded WesternGeco two contracts for acquisition and processing of towed 4D seismic data in the production license 153, the Gjoa license, in the northern part of the Norwegian North Sea.
The planned seismic survey is a repetition of a 3D survey acquired over the Engie E&P operated Gjøa field ten years ago. The Gjoa field is situated in one of Engie E&P’s core areas, and is currently the fifth largest producing field on the Norwegian Continental Shelf, according to the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate.
WesternGeco has been awarded the 4D towed acquisition contract with planned mobilization offshore Floro on the western coast of Norway in the beginning of July 2017.
The acquisition will be performed with the vessel WesternGeco Magellan, and is planned to be completed by the beginning of August.
In addition, WesternGeco has been awarded the processing of the 4D data, with expected startup mid-august and planned completion Q1 2018. The processing will be performed at their processing facility in Tananger, close to Stavanger in Norway.
The 4D survey starting this summer will increase our understanding of the Gjoa reservoir and may help identify potential undrained compartments.
Gjoa is located 60 kilometers west of Florø on the west coast of Norway, and is operated with power from shore. (Source: Engie E&P)
- NORILSK NICKEL TANK COLLAPSES – 21,000 TONS OF DIESEL LEAK INTO ARTIC RIVER 05th June 2020
- VATTENFALL TO CONSTRUCT WORLD’S LARGEST OFFSHORE WINDFARM 05th June 2020
- QATAR PETROLEUM SIGNS THE LARGEST SHIPBUILDING AGREEMENT IN HISTORY 02nd June 2020
- MAKO GAS FIELD BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS FIELD IN WEST NATUNA BASIN 26th May 2020
- NEPTUNE ENERGY CONDUCTS WORLD’S FIRST IN DUAL DRILLING SUBSEA AT FENJA FIELD 13th May 2020