WESTERNGECO BAGS 4D SEISMIC CONTRACT IN THE GJOA LICENSE
Engie E&P Norge has awarded WesternGeco two contracts for acquisition and processing of towed 4D seismic data in the production license 153, the Gjoa license, in the northern part of the Norwegian North Sea.
The planned seismic survey is a repetition of a 3D survey acquired over the Engie E&P operated Gjøa field ten years ago. The Gjoa field is situated in one of Engie E&P’s core areas, and is currently the fifth largest producing field on the Norwegian Continental Shelf, according to the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate.
WesternGeco has been awarded the 4D towed acquisition contract with planned mobilization offshore Floro on the western coast of Norway in the beginning of July 2017.
The acquisition will be performed with the vessel WesternGeco Magellan, and is planned to be completed by the beginning of August.
In addition, WesternGeco has been awarded the processing of the 4D data, with expected startup mid-august and planned completion Q1 2018. The processing will be performed at their processing facility in Tananger, close to Stavanger in Norway.
The 4D survey starting this summer will increase our understanding of the Gjoa reservoir and may help identify potential undrained compartments.
Gjoa is located 60 kilometers west of Florø on the west coast of Norway, and is operated with power from shore. (Source: Engie E&P)
- SCHLUMBERGER Q3 2019 – INCOME STUNG BY MULTIBILLION PRETAX CHARGES 18th October 2019
- SO LONG BHGE – WELCOME TO BAKER HUGHES COMPANY 18th October 2019
- EQUINOR CELEBRATES 1000th CARGO AT HAMMERFEST LNG PLANT 11th October 2019
- NORTH SEA GIANT JOHAN SVERDRUP ON STREAM 07th October 2019
- TUGBOAT BOURBON RHODE SINKS IN HURRICANE LORENZO – 11 MISSING 29th September 2019