WINTERSHALL PLANS FOR NOVA FIELD DEVELOPMENT
Wintershall has together with its partners Capricorn, Spirit Energy, Edison and DEA submitted the Plan for Development and Operation for its operated North Sea Nova field (formerly Skarfjell) to the Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy. The milestone comes on the back of the successful development of Wintershall’s Maria field which the company brought into production in December 2017. Hugo Dijkgraaf, Wintershall Norge Managing Director, today handed the Nova document to the Norwegian Minister of Petroleum and Energy, Terje Søviknes. It is the first PDO on the Norwegian Continental Shelf submitted in 2018.
Nova will be developed as a subsea tie-back connecting two templates to the nearby Gjøa platform for processing and export. Gjoa will also provide lift gas to the field and water injection for pressure support. Power for the Nova field comes via the Gjøa platform from shore.
Nova will be Wintershall Norge’s third operated subsea field. In December 2017, the company delivered the Maria field in the Norwegian Sea below budget and almost a year ahead of schedule. “We aim to continue to deliver our projects on time and to budget, with good HSE results. We have assembled an experienced team which has a wealth of expertise in the field and we are working with an excellent Norwegian supply chain,” said André Hesse, Wintershall Norge Head of the Nova Project.
Nova was discovered in 2012 and is situated in the northeastern North Sea approximately 20 kilometers southwest of the Neptune-operated Gjøa platform and about 120 kilometers northwest of Bergen. Located in the so-called Quadrant 35, Nova profits from this region’s rich infrastructure. Here Wintershall is already operator of the nearby subsea Vega field, as well as a partner in Gjoa. The Nova field is principally located in production license PL 418. Wintershall Norge AS (operator) owns 35 percent, Capricorn Norge AS (part of Cairn Energy PLC) 20 percent, Spirit Energy 20 percent, Edison Norge AS 15 percent and DEA Norge AS 10 percent. (Source: Wintershall)
- AASTA HANSTEEN GAS FIELD ON STREAM 18th December 2018
- ARGENTINA: PETRONAS AND YPF TO INVEST $2.3 BILLION IN LA AMARGA CHICA 12th December 2018
- ENI STRIKES OIL IN THE AFOXE PROSPECT OFFSHORE ANGOLA 10th December 2018
- TALOS ENERGY COMMENCES ZAMA-2 APPRAISAL CAMPAIGN 04th December 2018
- EXXONMOBIL MAKES 10TH DISCOVERY IN STABROEK BLOCK OFFSHORE GUYANA 04th December 2018
- IXACHI BECOMES MEXICO’S LARGEST DISCOVERY IN 25 YEARS 03rd December 2018
- THE GIGANTIC AIRPORTS OF THE FUTURE – ISTANBUL, DAXING, CHANGI, LONG THANH 24th November 2018
- BP STARTS UP CLAIR RIDGE OIL PRODUCTION IN WEST OF SHETLAND 24th November 2018