WOOD GROUP BAGS MAD DOG 2 CONTRACTS
Wood Group has won two separate contracts related to BP’s Mad Dog 2 project providing engineering services to further develop deepwater production.
Wood Group has been contracted by Samsung Heavy Industries to provide detailed engineering and procurement services for the topsides for BP’s Mad Dog Phase 2 floating production unit. The $80 million contract follows the December 2016 completion of Interim Agreement Period (IAP) early work, which was valued at $4.5 million.
Additionally, as part of the recently signed global services agreement with BP, Wood Group’s Specialist Technical Solutions (STS) business was awarded a $4.89 million contract for Subsea Engineering and Project Management Services to the Mad Dog 2 project. That work includes gas lift system interface design, geospatial information system support, subsea controls engineering and geotechnical engineering support. Mad Dog 2 is the second platform designed by Wood Group for BP in the Gulf of Mexico Mad Dog field. (Source: Wood Group)
- EQUINOR CELEBRATES 1000th CARGO AT HAMMERFEST LNG PLANT 11th October 2019
- NORTH SEA GIANT JOHAN SVERDRUP ON STREAM 07th October 2019
- TUGBOAT BOURBON RHODE SINKS IN HURRICANE LORENZO – 11 MISSING 29th September 2019
- EXXONMOBIL SELLS NORWAY UPSTREAM INTERESTS TO VAR ENERGY 27th September 2019
- GOOGLE SEALS THE BIGGEST PURCHASE OF RENEWABLE ENERGY IN HISTORY 25th September 2019