WOODSIDE AWARDS NINE CONTRACTS TO HALLIBURTON FOR SNE FIELD DEVELOPMENT
Woodside Energy (Senegal) BV awarded Halliburton Company nine conditional contracts for drilling and completion services for SNE Field Development Phase 1 offshore Senegal.
The drilling campaign, which is due to start in late 2020 or early 2021, is for drilling and completing 18 wells with up to eight optional wells over an estimated 3-4 year term. The contracts awarded include drilling, logging, cementing, lower completions, e-line/slick line, coiled tubing and well testing services.
“We are excited to win this work and to provide services from our multiple product service lines on what is likely to be the first deepwater oil development in Senegal,” said Shannon Slocum, senior vice president of the Eurasia, Europe and Sub-Sahara Africa region for Halliburton. “In addition to our services, Halliburton will invest in Senegal through constructing facilities, hiring local staff and potentially utilizing local vendors/suppliers.”
Initial engineering work will begin in Perth, Australia, later this year, and then will transfer to Dakar, Senegal in 2020.
This multi-contract award follows an earlier conditional1 award to Halliburton in December 2018 for drilling and completion fluids services.
SNE is a deep-water oil field discovery located offshore 100 km south of Dakar. In December 2018, Woodside was appointed operator of the development and commenced front-end engineering and design activities.
The Phase 1 development concept for the SNE field is a stand-alone FPSO facility with subsea infrastructure. It will be designed to allow subsequent SNE development phases, including options for potential gas export to shore and for future subsea tiebacks from other reservoirs and fields.
- TIMOR RESOURCES TO EXPLORE ONE OF THE LAST FRONTIERS FOR OIL AND GAS 20th September 2019
- EXXONMOBIL REPORTS NEW OIL FIND ON THE STABROEK BLOCK OFFSHORE GUYANA 16th September 2019
- AIRBUS HELICOPTERS FINDS ROOT CAUSE OF THE TUROY H225 CRASH 14th September 2019
- LAUNCH OF THE GIANT ARCTIC LNG 2 DEVELOPMENT APPROVED 09th September 2019
- EXXONMOBIL TO LEAVE NORWAY FOR GOOD – THE END OF A BEAUTIFUL STORY 08th September 2019
- NORTH SEA GIANT JOHAN SVERDRUP ON STREAM IN OCTOBER 06th September 2019