WOODSIDE AWARDS NINE CONTRACTS TO HALLIBURTON FOR SNE FIELD DEVELOPMENT
Woodside Energy (Senegal) BV awarded Halliburton Company nine conditional contracts for drilling and completion services for SNE Field Development Phase 1 offshore Senegal.
The drilling campaign, which is due to start in late 2020 or early 2021, is for drilling and completing 18 wells with up to eight optional wells over an estimated 3-4 year term. The contracts awarded include drilling, logging, cementing, lower completions, e-line/slick line, coiled tubing and well testing services.
“We are excited to win this work and to provide services from our multiple product service lines on what is likely to be the first deepwater oil development in Senegal,” said Shannon Slocum, senior vice president of the Eurasia, Europe and Sub-Sahara Africa region for Halliburton. “In addition to our services, Halliburton will invest in Senegal through constructing facilities, hiring local staff and potentially utilizing local vendors/suppliers.”
Initial engineering work will begin in Perth, Australia, later this year, and then will transfer to Dakar, Senegal in 2020.
This multi-contract award follows an earlier conditional1 award to Halliburton in December 2018 for drilling and completion fluids services.
SNE is a deep-water oil field discovery located offshore 100 km south of Dakar. In December 2018, Woodside was appointed operator of the development and commenced front-end engineering and design activities.
The Phase 1 development concept for the SNE field is a stand-alone FPSO facility with subsea infrastructure. It will be designed to allow subsequent SNE development phases, including options for potential gas export to shore and for future subsea tiebacks from other reservoirs and fields.
- ADNOC AND TOTAL – WORLD’S FIRST AUTOMATED SEISMIC ACQUISITION 14th November 2019
- IRAN HAS DISCOVERED NEW GIANT OILFIELD IN KHUZESTAN PROVINCE 11th November 2019
- ENCANA TO LEAVE CANADA AND ESTABLISH HEADQUARTERS IN THE UNITED STATES 08th November 2019
- SAIPEM 7000 ESTABLISHES NEW LIFTING RECORD FOR THE GULF OF MEXICO 31st October 2019
- BP AND KOSMOS ENERGY MAKE MAJOR GAS DISCOVERY OFFSHORE MAURITANIA 29th October 2019
- SCHLUMBERGER Q3 2019 – INCOME STUNG BY MULTIBILLION PRETAX CHARGES 18th October 2019