WORLD’S FIRST EVER HYDROGEN-POWERED INLAND SHIPPING BARGE
Dutch shipping firm Lenten Scheepvaart will go down in history as the owner of the world’s first-ever newbuild hydrogen-powered inland shipping barge. With this, the shipping company sets a new standard. An important step towards zero-emission transport on Dutch inland waterways. The Hydrogen Electric Cargo Ship ‘Antonie’ (WEVA) was realised by Concordia Damen. On 23 October the technical sea trials were held, during which the ship was inspected by Lloyd’s Register and received a provisional certificate to be put into service.
Concordia Damen core business is designing and building inland waterway, offshore and seagoing vessels with an innovative and economic profile.
(Source and image: Concordia Damen – Antonie inland shipping barge)
- QATARENERGY TO INCREASE AL-SHAHEEN OIL PRODUCTION BY 100,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd February 2024
- MAJOR PIPELAY ACCIDENT OFF THE COAST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA 01st February 2024
- LATIN AMERICA AND AFRICA WILL LEAD THE WAY IN HIGH-IMPACT EXPLORATION DRILLING 01st February 2024
- SLB AND EQUINOR DRILL LONGEST WELL SECTION IN AUTONOMOUS MODE 31st January 2024
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN NIGERIA 18th January 2024