YAMAL LNG PRODUCES FIRST COMMERCIAL LNG
NOVATEK announced that Yamal LNG has commenced producing liquefied natural gas (LNG) at the first LNG train, with the nameplate capacity of 5.5 million tons per annum.
The first cargo loading is scheduled on 8 December 2017 at the Sabetta port using the first Arc7 ice-class LNG tanker named the “Christophe de Margerie”.
The Chairman of NOVATEK’s Management Board Leonid Mikhelson noted: “This event marks a milestone accomplishment for the Yamal LNG project. The commencement of LNG production begins a new chapter in our corporate history. Many contractors and suppliers from Russia and abroad were involved in this project. We have received great support from the Russian government in implementing this project. We are grateful to all our partners, contractors and shareholders for the joint work on the way to the successful start of this project on time and on budget according to our FID schedule.”
YAMAL LNG is an integrated project encompassing natural gas production, liquefaction and shipping. The Project consists of construction of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) plant with an output capacity of around 16.5 million tons per year, using the South Tambey Field as a resource base. The field’s proven and probable reserves, by PRMS standards, are estimated at 926 billion cubic meters. Extensive transportation infrastructure is being built in the scope of the Project, including a sea port and the Sabetta Airport. (Source: Novatek – Image: Christophe de Margerie Arctic tanker)
- SCHLUMBERGER AND SUBSEA 7 TO FORM A JOINT VENTURE 23rd February 2018
- BORR DRILLING ACQUIRES PARAGON OFFSHORE 23rd February 2018
- FIRST LIVE OIL SEEPS DISCOVERED ONSHORE JAMAICA 23rd February 2018
- BASSOE OFFSHORE: UP TO 200 JACKUPS TO SCRAP 17th February 2018
- NOBLE ENERGY SELLS DEEPWATER GULF ASSETS FOR $710 MILLION 16th February 2018
- NEPTUNE ENERGY ACQUIRES ENGIE E&P 16th February 2018
- BLAST ONBOARD SAGAR BHUSHAN DRILLSHIP KILLS FIVE 15th February 2018