ANADARKO REACHES MOZAMBIQUE LNG MILESTONE
Anadarko Petroleum announced that it had finalized two agreements with the Government of Mozambique – together known as the “marine concessions” – which would allow it to design, build and operate the marine facilities for its LNG project in northern Mozambique. This follows the publication of the Mozambican Government Decrees approving those agreements.
“This is a key milestone on the path to a final investment decision (FID) for our initial two-train LNG project,” said Mitch Ingram, Anadarko Executive Vice President, Global LNG. “It marks the completion of the core components of the Legal and Contractual Framework with the Government. We will now look ahead with our plans to begin resettlement, which will enable the construction of the LNG plant. In addition, we continue to make good progress with our efforts to secure long-term LNG Sales and Purchase Agreements (SPAs) with premier buyers, and we will intensify our work to put in place the necessary financing for the project. We expect to take FID once the SPAs and financing are in place.”
Anadarko is developing Mozambique’s first onshore LNG plant consisting of two initial LNG trains with a total capacity of 12 million tonnes per annum (MTPA) to support the Golfinho/Atum field located entirely within Offshore Area 1.
Mozambique LNG is emerging as a future leader in the global LNG industry as it works to develop an LNG facility on the Afungi peninsula in Cabo Delgado province. With approximately 75 trillion cubic feet of recoverable natural gas discovered in the Offshore Area 1, the Mozambique LNG Project represents an extraordinary opportunity to meet increasing world demand for a sustainable, reliable and cleaner source of energy. (Source: Anadarko)
- NOBLE CORPORATION FILES FOR CHAPTER 11 TO HANDLE 3.4 BILLION OF DEBT 04th August 2020
- VALARIS SELLS SIX DRILLING UNITS – FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY IS IMMINENT 03rd August 2020
- APACHE MAKES MAJOR OIL DISCOVERY AT KWASKWASI-1 OFFSHORE SURINAME 30th July 2020
- SCHLUMBERGER – THE MOST CHALLENGING QUARTER IN PAST DECADES 27th July 2020
- BAKER HUGHES REVENUE DOWN 21% YEAR-ON-YEAR 23rd July 2020
- CHEVRON TO ACQUIRE NOBLE ENERGY FOR $5 BILLION 21st July 2020
- HEEREMA’S SLEIPNIR BREAKS SINGLE LIFT RECORD AT JOTUN FIELD 20th July 2020
- CHINA TO BUILD 6 TO 8 NUCLEAR REACTORS ANNUALLY BETWEEN 2020 AND 2025 09th July 2020