ATHABASCA OIL COMPLETES ACQUISITION OF STATOIL OIL SANDS BUSINESS
Statoil and Athabasca Oil Corporation have completed their previously announced transaction, whereby Statoil has sold its entire oil sands operations in the Canadian province of Alberta to Athabasca. The divestment includes the producing Leismer demonstration plant and the undeveloped Corner project, along with a number of midstream contracts associated with Leismer’s production.
Statoil has received CAD 431 million in cash (following customary closing adjustments) plus 100 million common shares in Athabasca, representing just below 20% of the equity in the company. Statoil said: “This transaction corresponds with Statoil’s strategy of portfolio optimisation to enhance financial flexibility and focus capital on core activities globally, including offshore Newfoundland, Canada.” (Source: Leismer facility – Image: Lawrence Sauter/Statoil)
- EXXONMOBIL REPORTS 18th DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA 09th September 2020
- VLCC TANKER NEW DIAMOND ABLAZE OFF SRI LANKA 07th September 2020
- SCHLUMBERGER SELLS ITS NORTH AMERICAN FRACTURING BUSINESS TO LIBERTY 02nd September 2020
- EXELON GENERATION TO RETIRE BYRON AND DRESDEN NUCLEAL PLANTS IN 2021 28th August 2020
- NUCLEAR GENERATION REACHED NEAR-RECORD HIGH IN 2019 26th August 2020