CGG STARTS 2D SEISMIC PROGRAM IN THE MALACCA STRAIT
CGG, in association with PETRONAS, has announced the start of the Selat Melaka 2D multi-client seismic program over the Langkasuka Basin offshore Malaysia. Located in the Malacca Strait, the project has received industry funding and will deliver early products in December 2023 and final results in August 2024.
Experts at CGG’s Kuala Lumpur subsurface imaging center will apply its latest proprietary full-waveform inversion (FWI) and Q-tomography imaging technologies to provide the industry with a better regional understanding of the petroleum systems in this underexplored basin, with a focus on the prospective pre-tertiary target.
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023