CHENIERE AND EQUINOR SIGN 15-YEAR LNG SALE AND PURCHASE AGREEMENT
Cheniere Energy announced that Cheniere’s subsidiary, Cheniere Marketing has entered into a long-term LNG sale and purchase agreement (SPA) with the Norwegian Equinor.
Under the SPA, Equinor has agreed to purchase approximately 1.75 million tonnes per annum (mtpa) of LNG from Cheniere Marketing on a free-on-board (“FOB”) basis for a purchase price indexed to the Henry Hub price, plus a fixed liquefaction fee. Delivery of half of the volume associated with the SPA will commence in 2027, and delivery of the remaining half, which is subject to, among other things, a positive Final Investment Decision with respect to the first train of the Sabine Pass Liquefaction Expansion Project , will commence at the end of this decade. The term of the SPA is 15 years from the commencement of delivery of the full 1.75 mtpa of LNG volumes.
The SPL Expansion Project is being developed to include up to three natural gas liquefaction trains with an expected total production capacity of approximately 20 mtpa of LNG.
(Source and image: Cheniere – Cheniere tank at Sabine Pass facility)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023