DEEPSEA STAVANGER STARTS MOBILISATION TO SOUTH AFRICA FOR TOTAL
The Norwegian offshore driller Odfjell Drilling advised that Deepsea Stavanger has started its mobilization to South Africa under the Total contract.
In May 2020, Total agreed with Odfjell Drilling to keep the Deepsea Stavanger idle for a certain period due to the COVID-19 situation.
French oil major is set to drill up to three exploration wells in Block 11B/12B offshore South Africa. The first exploration well, Luiperd-1, was previuosly slated for the first quarter of 2020.
The well will target large prospective resources approximately 40 kilometers northeast of Brulpadda, where Total made a significant gas condensate discovery in February 2019. Block 11B/12B is located in the Outeniqua Basin 175 kilometers off the southern coast of South Africa. The block covers an area of approximately 19,000 square kilometers with water depths ranging from 200 to 1,800 meters.
Deepsea Stavanger is a GVA 7500 ultra-deepwater semisubmersible built at Daewoo’s Okpo shipyard in South Korea in 2010.
(Source and image: Odfjell Drilling/Total)
- NOBLE CORPORATION FILES FOR CHAPTER 11 TO HANDLE 43.4 BILLION OF DEBT 04th August 2020
- VALARIS SELLS SIX DRILLING UNITS – FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY IS IMMINENT 03rd August 2020
- APACHE MAKES MAJOR OIL DISCOVERY AT KWASKWASI-1 OFFSHORE SURINAME 30th July 2020
- SCHLUMBERGER – THE MOST CHALLENGING QUARTER IN PAST DECADES 27th July 2020
- BAKER HUGHES REVENUE DOWN 21% YEAR-ON-YEAR 23rd July 2020
- CHEVRON TO ACQUIRE NOBLE ENERGY FOR $5 BILLION 21st July 2020
- HEEREMA’S SLEIPNIR BREAKS SINGLE LIFT RECORD AT JOTUN FIELD 20th July 2020
- CHINA TO BUILD 6 TO 8 NUCLEAR REACTORS ANNUALLY BETWEEN 2020 AND 2025 09th July 2020