DELTAMARIN TO DESIGN NEXT GENERATION PCTC’S FOR NEPTUNE LINES
Deltamarin has signed an agreement with Fujian Mawei Shipbuilding Ltd. for the design and engineering of the new series of Neptune Lines 4200 CEU Pure Car & Truck Carriers (PCTCs).
Neptune Lines and Deltamarin have together developed a new-generation, future-proof PCTC concept based on state-of-the-art technology, emphasizing environmental features alongside operational performance and safety. The work began already in 2020, analysing the means and technologies to enhance the environmental and operational performance of the future fleet. The engineering contract, signed with the builder Fujian Mawei Shipbuilding, is a direct continuation of the work and includes the complete basic and detail design of the vessels.
The ship has been designed taking advantage of Deltamarin’s digital design methods, which are aimed at optimizing the vessel for its future operational scenarios to achieve maximum fuel and environmental efficiency during operation. A core part of digital design is energy system level simulations (energy model) for determining the ships fuel consumption and environmental footprint.
The new highly efficient vessels, under the name Genesis Project, will be powered by LNG. The design includes several features to minimize the ship’s environmental footprint, including an energy storage system, high-voltage shore power, and readiness for a solar power system.
The vessels will be built by Fujian Mawei Shipbuilding Ltd. shipyard in Fuzhou.
Neptune Lines Shipping and Managing Enterprises is a leading finished vehicle logistics provider based in Greece.
(Source and image: Deltamarin)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023