ENI TESTS MERAKES DISCOVERY OFFSHORE KALIMANTAN
Eni successfully drilled and tested Merakes 2, the first appraisal well of the Merakes discovery under the Production Sharing Contract (PSC) in East Sepinggan. The block is located in the prolific offshore Kutei Basin and the Merakes discovery is 35km from the Eni-operated Jangkrik field, which is expected to start producing through a Floating-Production Unit in the second quarter of this year. The well, drilled to a depth of 2,732m in 1,269m of water depth, encountered 17 meters of clean sands with very good petrophysical characteristics of Pliocene age confirming the the extension also in this new area of the 2014 discovery by the well Merakes 1. The production test, which was limited by surface facilities, recorded an excellent gas deliverability of the Merakes reservoir, and allowed to collect all the necessary data and information to perform all the studies for the future commercial exploitation of the discovery. Merakes discovery is currently estimated to have 2.0 Tcf of gas in place with further additional potential to be evaluated.
The proximity of Merakes 2 discovery to the Jangkrik field will allow to maximizing the synergies with existing nearby infrastructures as well as to reduce costs and time of the execution of the future subsea development it confirms the success of Eni the “near field” exploration and appraisal strategy .
- EXXONMOBIL REPORTS 18th DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA 09th September 2020
- VLCC TANKER NEW DIAMOND ABLAZE OFF SRI LANKA 07th September 2020
- SCHLUMBERGER SELLS ITS NORTH AMERICAN FRACTURING BUSINESS TO LIBERTY 02nd September 2020
- EXELON GENERATION TO RETIRE BYRON AND DRESDEN NUCLEAL PLANTS IN 2021 28th August 2020
- NUCLEAR GENERATION REACHED NEAR-RECORD HIGH IN 2019 26th August 2020