GUANIZUIL IIA SOLAR PLANT GOES COMMERCIAL IN NORTHWEST ARGENTINA
Equinor and Scatec are pleased to announce that the 117 MW solar power plant in Argentina is now in commercial operation. The Guañizuil IIA plant is in the Province of San Juan in the northwest of Argentina.
The plant is owned and operated 50% by Scatec and 50% by Equinor. It is expected to produce about 305 GWh annually, providing electricity to 80,000 households.
“Solar will be among the fastest-growing global energy sources in the next decades, and an important element in the global energy transition. Guañizuil IIA is the second solar project we are jointly developing with Scatec in South America. We see this partnership as a great way to build our renewables business,” says Pål Eitrheim, executive vice president Renewables in Equinor.
The Guañizuil IIA project is part of the Renewable Energy tender programmes (RenovAR) organised by the Argentine Government which resulted in more than 2.4 GW of new Renewable Energy capacity.
Partnering with Scatec, Equinor entered its first solar development project via the Apodi asset in Brazil, followed by the Guañizuil IIA in Argentina. In May 2021 Equinor acquired the Polish onshore renewables developer Wento, further strengthening the solar pipeline in selective growth markets.
Equinor entered Argentina in 2017 where we participate in exploration licences both on- and offshore, as well as in projects within renewables. We opened an office in Buenos Aires in 2018. In January 2020, we announced a strengthening of our presence in Vaca Muerta.
Scatec, headquartered in Oslo, Norway, is a leading renewable power producer, delivering affordable and clean energy worldwide. As a long- term player, Scatec develops, builds, owns and operates solar, wind and hydro power plants and storage solutions.
- FOUR MISSING AFTER THE INSTALLATION JACKUP SHENG PING 001 CAPSIZES IN SOUTHEAST CHINA 27th July 2021
- SANTOS ACHIEVES RECORD PRODUCTION RATE FROM FIRST VAN GOGH PHASE TWO INFILL WELL 27th July 2021
- HALLIBURTON – OPERATING INCOME UP 17% SEQUENTIALLY WITH SOLID MARGIN PERFORMANCE 26th July 2021
- SCHLUMBERGER BEATS FORECAST WITH SOARING INCOME AND REVENUE 26th July 2021
- SANTOS CONFIRMS THE POSSIBLE MERGER OF OIL SEARCH AND SANTOS 21st July 2021
- SINGAPORE – KEPPEL AND SEMBCORP MARINE INITIATE TALKS ON POTENTIAL COMBINATION 25th June 2021
- HEEREMA’S SLEIPNIR BREAKS LIFTING RECORD ON JOHAN SVERDRUP FIELD 23rd June 2021