LIGHTSOURCE BP MOBILIZES CONSTRUCTION ON LARGEST SOLAR PROJECT IN ARKANSAS
Lightsource bp has successfully closed on a $327 million financing package and mobilized construction on the 313 megawatt Driver Solar project located near Osceola in Mississippi County, Arkansas. Lightsource bp completed development, permitted and financed the project and will construct the facility under a build-transfer agreement with Entergy Arkansas announced last year. Upon completion, at 313 MW Driver Solar will be the largest solar farm in Entergy Arkansas’ portfolio as well as the largest in the state of Arkansas, generating enough energy to power more than 50,000 homes.
Laura Landreaux, president and CEO of Entergy Arkansas, said Driver Solar is the result of hard work and a strong partnership between Lightsource bp and Entergy Arkansas.
“One of our key commitments to customers is to help them find economic solutions to meet their sustainability goals,” she said. “Driver Solar plays a big role in providing savings to all customers and supporting businesses like U. S. Steel as they continue to advance their own clean energy future. These partnerships are helping to drive incredible growth in our state and will benefit our communities for decades to come.”
(Source: Lightsource bp)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023