LONGBOAT ENERGY HIRES DEEPSEA YANTAI TO DRILL EXPLORATION WELL IN NORWAY
Longboat Energy, the emerging full-cycle E&P company, is pleased to announce that a rig has been assigned for the drilling of the Lotus (Kjøttkake) exploration well (Company 30%) in Norway.
The Lotus prospect will be drilled using the semi-submersible Deepsea Yantai and is expected to be drilled during Q3 2024. The license partnership includes DNO Norge AS (40%, op) and Aker BP ASA (30%).
Deepsea Yantai, managed by Odfjell Drilling is a GM-40 mid-water submersible built in China by Yantai CIMC Raffles. The drilling rig was delivered in 2019.
Licence PL1182S lies in the prolific Northern North Sea, 4kms southeast of the Company’s recent significant Kveikje discovery where Longboat is a 10% equity partner. Longboat’s Lotus prospect has been named Kjøttkake by the license operator. It comprises Paleocene injectite sandstones, characterised by excellent reservoir properties, and is supported by seismic amplitudes.
Based on the company’s estimates, Lotus contains gross mean prospective resources of 27 mmboe with further potential upside estimated at 44 mmboe.
If successful, Lotus is likely to form part of an area cluster development together with Kveikje and several other recent discoveries in the area, through infrastructure associated with the nearby giant Troll field.
(Source: Longbow Energy – Image: Deepsea Yantai/Odfjell Drilling)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023