MORE WORK WITH EQUINOR FOR DEEPSEA STAVANGER AND DEEPSEA ABERDEEN
Aberdeen-based Odfjell Drilling has secured more work with Equinor for the semi-submersibles Deepsea Stavanger and Deepsea Aberdeen.
Equinor has added additional firm scope for the Deepsea Aberdeen as provided for
in the contract entered into by the parties in November 2020. The new wells, which shall be drilled on the Svalin field starting in Q4 2023 have an estimated
duration of 174 days, extending the Deepsea Aberdeen’s firm backlog into Q2 2025. Equinor has the opportunity to exercise further wells under the
optionality mechanisms contained in the contract.
Equinor has exercised further wells for the Deepsea Stavanger under the continued optionality mechanism provided for in the contract entered into by the parties in May 2021. Following the exercising of the optional wells, Deepsea Stavanger’s firm backlog with Equinor now extends into Q1 2024. Equinor has the opportunity to exercise further wells under the continued optionality mechanism.
(Source: Odfjell Drilling – Image: Deepsea Aberdeen semi submersible)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023