ODFJELL DRILLING SECURES CONTRACT EXTENSION FOR DEEPSEA STAVANGER
Odfjell Drilling announced that Equinor has exercised options for seven wells to extend the use of the Deepsea Aberdeen on the Breidablikk field.
The exercised options are planned to start in mid Q1 2025 in direct continuation of the current firm period and extend the firm backlog on the Deepsea Aberdeen to end of Q4 2025. The options have a value of approximately USD 138 million, excluding integrated services, performance and fuel incentives.
In addition to the exercised wells, the contract now includes further optional periods which, if exercised, could keep the Deepsea Aberdeen contracted to 2029.
Such optional periods consist of six optional wells followed by three further optional periods of eight wells each, or approximately three times one-year. The rates for all such optional periods are to be mutually agreed prior to exercising.
Deepsea Stavanger a GVA 7500 ultra-deepwater semi-submersible was delivered in 2010 at Daewoo Okpo shipyard in South Korea.
(Source and image: Odfjell Drilling – Deepsea Stavanger)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023