JOHAN SVERDRUP HOOK-UP CONTRACT FOR AIBEL AND AKER
Aibel and Aker Solutions have been awarded contracts for hook-up and commissioning assistance for the Johan Sverdrup field centre, phase 1. The scope of work for the riser platform accounts for an estimated 70 % of the total scope committed in both contracts. Aibel has been awarded the contract for hook-up and commissioning of the drilling platform on the Johan Sverdrup field centre in 2018. The contract includes an option for hook-up and commissioning of the processing and accommodation platforms in 2019.
Aker Solutions has been awarded the contract for hook-up and commissioning of the riser platform on the field centre in 2018. The contract includes an option for hook-up and commissioning of the processing and accommodation platforms in 2019.
Preparations start immediately. Kicking off in the summer of 2018 the hook-up work offshore represents the final and crucial phase prior to first oil on the Johan Sverdrup field. In this phase the jackets, platforms, wells, subsea equipment, export pipelines and power from shore will be hooked up to form a fully functioning field centre that will come on stream in late 2019.
Two mobile accommodation facilities in addition to the Johan Sverdrup accommodation platform combined have the capacity to accommodate more than 1,200 people offshore.
- EXXONMOBIL REPORTS 18th DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA 09th September 2020
- VLCC TANKER NEW DIAMOND ABLAZE OFF SRI LANKA 07th September 2020
- SCHLUMBERGER SELLS ITS NORTH AMERICAN FRACTURING BUSINESS TO LIBERTY 02nd September 2020
- EXELON GENERATION TO RETIRE BYRON AND DRESDEN NUCLEAL PLANTS IN 2021 28th August 2020
- NUCLEAR GENERATION REACHED NEAR-RECORD HIGH IN 2019 26th August 2020