PACIFIC SHARAV SECURES TEN-WELL CONTRACT WITH MURPHY OIL IN THE GULF OF MEXICO
Pacific Drilling secured a contract for ten firm wells with an estimated duration of approximately 450 days for the ultra-deepwater drillship Pacific Sharav. The contract provides for five option wells at a market based rate. Previous contract with Murphy Mexico for two firm wells was cancelled for a termination fee.
The contract commencing in Q2 2021 is expected to run until Q3 2022. The dayrate is $180,000
The Samsung 12000 drillship was delivered in 2014 and is currently idle near Port Fourchon off the coast of Louisiana.
According to the company’s fleet status the drliiships Pacific Bora is idle in Oman. The Pacific Mistral and Pacific Scirocco are waiting on better days in Las Palmas. Pacific Meltem is currently mobilizing in Las palmas.
(Source: Pacific Drilling – Image: Pacific Sharav in Singapore/Peter Sinke)
- EXXONMOBIL REPORTS 18th DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA 09th September 2020
- VLCC TANKER NEW DIAMOND ABLAZE OFF SRI LANKA 07th September 2020
- SCHLUMBERGER SELLS ITS NORTH AMERICAN FRACTURING BUSINESS TO LIBERTY 02nd September 2020
- EXELON GENERATION TO RETIRE BYRON AND DRESDEN NUCLEAL PLANTS IN 2021 28th August 2020
- NUCLEAR GENERATION REACHED NEAR-RECORD HIGH IN 2019 26th August 2020