RUSSIAN LUKOIL ADDS 464 MILLION BARRELS TO ITS PROVEN RESERVES
The Russian oil company Lukoil announced the results of the reserves assessment and independent audit as of December 31, 2020.
According to the SEC classification, the company’s proved hydrocarbon reserves totaled 15.4 billion barrels of oil equivalent, 76% of which stood for liquids.
The proved reserves replacement ratio, excluding the effect of changes in macroeconomic factors used for reserves estimate, totaled 93% in 2020. The Company’s proved hydrocarbon reserves life is 20 years.
As a result of geological exploration and production drilling conducted in 2020, Lukoil added 464 million barrels of oil equivalent to its proved reserves. The largest contribution was made by the assets in West Siberia, Ural region, Timan-Pechora and Russian sector of the Caspian Sea.
Optimization of development systems and wellwork programs at existing fields, as well as conversion of contingent resources to reserves added 258 million barrels of oil equivalent to proved reserves.
The reserves dynamics was negatively affected by a 34% decrease in annual average oil price used for reserves estimate.
Lukoil, based in Moscow has operations in Russia, Western Europe, Asia, Mexico, USA, Egypt and West Africa.
(Source: Lukoil – Image: Lukoil rig at Imilorskoye field, near Surgut, Western Siberia/Arctic Today)
- AKER BP – 35 YEARS OLD ULA FIELD WILL PRODUCE OIL FOR AT LEAST 10 MORE YEARS 12th October 2021
- GIANT LIANGHEKOU HYDROPOWER PLANT BEGINS OPERATIONS IN SICHUAN PROVINCE 10th October 2021
- RYSTAD ENERGY – VACA MUERTA QUICKEST GROWING SHALE PLAY IN THE WORLD 08th October 2021
- VAN OORD ORDERS MEGA JACKUP TO INSTALL 20 MW OFFSHORE WIND TURBINES 04th October 2021
- BAKER HUGHES SDS AND MHWIRTH FORM GLOBAL OFFSHORE DRILLING EQUIPMENT COMPANY 04th October 2021