SAIPEM’S SUISO APPLICATION TO COMBINE OFFSHORE ENERGY SOLUTIONS
Saipem launches SUISO, a technological solution for the production of green hydrogen thus confirming its commitment to support its clients in the energy transition. The trademark has been registered with the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
SUISO combines various renewable energy sources such as floating wind, floating solar and marine energy in a single system. The aim is to power, together or individually, electrolyzes installed on existing offshore platforms for the production of green hydrogen. The technology responds to the growing demand for green hydrogen production and, at the same time, it allows the conversion of oil & gas offshore facilities which have now reached the end of their life cycle. The oxygen resulting from this process can be used in various areas such as aquaculture or seaweed production.
Thanks to these features, SUISO will find its first application in the AGNES project, the offshore energy hub that Saipem, in partnership with QINT’X, intends to build off the Adriatic coast of Ravenna.
Francesco Caio, CEO of Saipem, commented: “The SUISO brand is an example of Saipem’s ability to find innovative and sustainable solutions to lead its clients in the energy transition. The solution is adaptable to the changing characteristics of the marine sites and to the different production needs. The know-how gained in the design and execution of infrastructures and technologically advanced plants allows Saipem to cover the green hydrogen production value chain and to be a strategic partner in the path towards a net zero economy”.
- FOUR MISSING AFTER THE INSTALLATION JACKUP SHENG PING 001 CAPSIZES IN SOUTHEAST CHINA 27th July 2021
- SANTOS ACHIEVES RECORD PRODUCTION RATE FROM FIRST VAN GOGH PHASE TWO INFILL WELL 27th July 2021
- HALLIBURTON – OPERATING INCOME UP 17% SEQUENTIALLY WITH SOLID MARGIN PERFORMANCE 26th July 2021
- SCHLUMBERGER BEATS FORECAST WITH SOARING INCOME AND REVENUE 26th July 2021
- SANTOS CONFIRMS THE POSSIBLE MERGER OF OIL SEARCH AND SANTOS 21st July 2021
- SINGAPORE – KEPPEL AND SEMBCORP MARINE INITIATE TALKS ON POTENTIAL COMBINATION 25th June 2021
- HEEREMA’S SLEIPNIR BREAKS LIFTING RECORD ON JOHAN SVERDRUP FIELD 23rd June 2021