SHEARWATER GEOSERVICES BAGS 4D SEISMIC PROCESSING CONTRACT OVER WHEATSTONE FIELD
Shearwater GeoServices announced the award of a large time-lapse seismic imaging project over the Wheatstone field, by Chevron Australia under an existing master contract.
This project award marks Shearwater’s continuing growth in the Asia Pacific region and use of its capability to deliver 4D seismic processing for one of Australia’s largest producing gas fields.
Shearwater’s Perth Processing Centre will combine geophysical expertise and Reveal software, for the processing of existing data, followed by time-lapse processing with newly acquired data.
“Shearwater has developed a strong 4D geophysical toolbox and expertise to deliver time-lapse seismic imaging,” said Simon Telfer, Shearwater’s SVP Software, Processing, and Imaging. “We opened our seismic processing centre in Perth in 2020, quickly establishing a strong technical team to deliver services and software in Australia. This award further deepens our long-term position in Australia and reflects Shearwater’s commitment to our clients in the region.”
Headquartered in Bergen, Norway, Shearwater is owned by RASMUSSENGRUPPEN AS, Schlumberger, and GC Rieber Shipping ASA.
The Wheatstone Project is a gas to LNG project that involves the development of the Wheatstone and Iago fields located offshore Western Australia in the Northern Carnarvon Basin.
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023