SINGAPORE – SEMBCORP MARINE TO CHANGE ITS NAME TO SEATRIUM
Sembcorp Marine and, together with its subsidiaries, is proposing to change its name from “Sembcorp Marine Ltd” to “Seatrium Limited” following completion of the combination of the businesses of the Company and Keppel Offshore & Marine Ltd on 28 February 2023, and will adopt a new branding for the enlarged entity.
The proposed change of name is subject to shareholders’ approval and will not affect the identity of the Company or any of its rights and obligations, nor will it affect any of the rights of shareholders or the Group’s daily business operations and financial standing.
The Process of Name Creation
• Seatrium is a combination of two words – “sea” and “atrium”. It is a reflection of the business and its aspiration to be a premier global player providing innovative engineering solutions for the offshore, marine and energy industries.
• To develop the proposed name, more than 1000 names were generated, and a rigorous process of legal and linguistic screening was carried out to ensure that the chosen name would be viable.
The enlarged entity will unite world-class talent and engineering capabilities to create transformative and sustainable offshore and energy solutions.
Headquartered in Singapore, Sembcorp Marine operates shipyards and other facilities in Singapore, Brazil, China, Indonesia, Japan, Philippines, Norway, the United Kingdom and the United States.
(Source and image: Sembcorp Marine)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023