SUBSEA 7 TAKES DELIVERY OF SEVEN ARCTIC
Subsea 7, a global leader in seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services, has taken delivery of Seven Arctic and Seven Kestrel, successfully completing a substantial and targeted fleet investment programme that has added six new-build vessels to the Subsea 7 fleet since 2014. Seven Arctic is a heavy construction flex-lay vessel designed to meet the demands of deep water and harsh environments. Capable of working at depths of 3,000 metres, the vessel features a 1,000t offshore crane and a 600t top tension (tiltable) lay system. Seven Kestrel is a modern dive support vessel, certified by DNV-GL, encompassing an 18-man twin-bell saturation diving system rated to 300m water depth. These vessels were built to a high specification, designed by Subsea 7 engineers in collaboration with Hyundai Heavy Industries Shipyard in Ulsan, South Korea and Wärtsilä Ship Design, Norway, to maximise their efficiency, capacity and economy. Both vessels will transit to the North Sea for further crew familiarisation before commencing operations in the spring.
- EXXONMOBIL REPORTS 18th DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA 09th September 2020
- VLCC TANKER NEW DIAMOND ABLAZE OFF SRI LANKA 07th September 2020
- SCHLUMBERGER SELLS ITS NORTH AMERICAN FRACTURING BUSINESS TO LIBERTY 02nd September 2020
- EXELON GENERATION TO RETIRE BYRON AND DRESDEN NUCLEAL PLANTS IN 2021 28th August 2020
- NUCLEAR GENERATION REACHED NEAR-RECORD HIGH IN 2019 26th August 2020