SUBSEA 7 WINS AKER BP CONTRACT FOR HOD FIELD DEVELOPMENT PROJECT OFFSHORE NORWAY
Subsea 7 announced the award of a significant contract by Aker BP for the Hod Field Development Project, located 12 km from the Valhall area in the southern part of the North Sea.
The re-development concept includes a new Wellhead platform (Hod B) tied back to Valhall Field Centre with rigid pipelines and an umbilical.
The contract scope includes EPCI for pipelines, umbilicals and tie-ins using key vessels from Subsea 7’s modern fleet. The production pipeline is a pipe-in-pipe design and will include the world’s first application of mechanically lined pipe based on GluBi® (2) technology from BUTTING.
Project management and engineering will commence immediately at Subsea 7’s offices in Stavanger, Norway. Fabrication of the pipelines will take place at Subsea 7’s spoolbase at Vigra, Norway and offshore operations will take place in 2020 and 2021.
Monica Bjørkmann, Vice President for Subsea 7 Norway said: “Subsea 7 is very pleased with this award by Aker BP, through the Aker BP Subsea Alliance. It acknowledges Subsea 7 as a key partner in the delivery of pioneering technology, transforming the economics of field development. We look forward to continuing our alliance with Aker BP for the Hod Field Development, with safety, reliability and quality at the forefront throughout.”
The field lies in Block 2/11 in the southern part of Norwegian North Sea at a water depth of 72m, 13km south of the Valhall field complex.
The field is operated by Aker BP with a 90% working interest and is co-owned by Pandion Energy with a 10% interest. Production from the Hod field started in August 1990.
(Source: Aker BP)
- NOBLE CORPORATION FILES FOR CHAPTER 11 TO HANDLE 43.4 BILLION OF DEBT 04th August 2020
- VALARIS SELLS SIX DRILLING UNITS – FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY IS IMMINENT 03rd August 2020
- APACHE MAKES MAJOR OIL DISCOVERY AT KWASKWASI-1 OFFSHORE SURINAME 30th July 2020
- SCHLUMBERGER – THE MOST CHALLENGING QUARTER IN PAST DECADES 27th July 2020
- BAKER HUGHES REVENUE DOWN 21% YEAR-ON-YEAR 23rd July 2020
- CHEVRON TO ACQUIRE NOBLE ENERGY FOR $5 BILLION 21st July 2020
- HEEREMA’S SLEIPNIR BREAKS SINGLE LIFT RECORD AT JOTUN FIELD 20th July 2020
- CHINA TO BUILD 6 TO 8 NUCLEAR REACTORS ANNUALLY BETWEEN 2020 AND 2025 09th July 2020