WOODWARD UNVEILS SIMPLIFIED INJECTION SYSTEM FOR DUAL-FUEL ENGINES
Woodward has developed a simplified injection system for dual-fuel engines with homogeneous combustion.
Despite their many advantages, such as high flexibility and operating reliability, current dual-fuel injection systems have one disadvantage: They are large and complex and therefore need correspondingly large installation space. Single-needle injection systems simplify dual-fuel engine layouts.
developed a simplified injection system for dual-fuel engines with homogeneous combustion. It consists of a single fuel circuit with one high-pressure pump plus one injector per engine cylinder. This allows major improvements in terms of installation space and complexity. Only one injector with one nozzle or one needle is necessary per cylinder.
The injector features a single-needle nozzle, which injects the pilot quantity and full load in the liquid-fuel operation.
The proposed single-nozzle dual-fuel technology is expected to result in a simplified system layout for dual-fuel engines. Due to the reduced dimensions of the injector, less space in the cylinder head is needed and therefore, a suitable injection system is available for almost all engine sizes.
The firm is also developing a new high-gas-pressure injection system for heterogeneous combustion engines.
Woodward, headquartered in Fort Collins, Colorado, is an American designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control systems and control system components for aircraft engines, industrial engines and turbines, power generation and mobile industrial equipment.
(Source and image: Woodward – Single injection needle)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023